Split AC installation starts with decide the location of indoor and outdoor unit of air conditioner. After the location is established, installation of indoor unit is started.
A Split AC unit has following parts:
• Indoor element • Outdoor element also call external element • Wall group (Optional) • Remote control • Connecting pipe
Split AC installation requires following tools: • Screw • Screwdriver • Drill machine • Copper pipes • Necessary tool box
What is built-in in Split AC installation?
• Making the script as for each wall bracket: In the split AC box, there is an aluminum wall bracket with all the essential holes and attachment. The indoor unit of split AC installation is fixed on this band. To start the split AC indoor unit installation, holes are clear on the wall as per the bracket.
Drilling holes in the wall: After the hole is clear on wall, the wall bracket is detached and holes are made in the wall with a drill machine at the script. Thereafter the bracket is fixed with the screw in the drilled holes.•
Passing vital pipes and cables during wall: After the bracket is set on the wall, a hole (of large diameter) is drilled crossways the wall to pass copper pipes called refrigerant tubing, drain hose and electrical cable to attach the indoor unit with the outdoor unit of split AC.
Installing the indoor element of split AC: Now split AC indoor element is securely mounted on the wall bracket. Thereafter the copper pipes (coupled to the indoor unit) are approved through the whole drill across the wall. The drain pipe linked to one end of the indoor unit is passed from side to side the same hole and is left free in the open space for water drainage.•
Installing the outdoor element of split AC: The outdoor unit of split AC is fairly heavy, so it should be handled carefully. The outdoor unit of split AC is brings outside to the location where it has to be installing. The outdoor unit can also be mounted on an outside wall with the help of support. The wall on which the outdoor unit is being fixed should be strong enough to bear its weight and feelings.
Installation of copper pipes and electrical relations: Once the indoor and the outdoor units of the split air conditioner are built-in, the copper pipes between the two units are installed. The copper pipe friendly to the indoor unit is connected to the outdoor unit. Finally the electric line is passed through the hole to connect the indoor unit of split AC to outdoor element of split AC.
Important rule for split AC installation
• The indoor unit of split AC has to be installed on a wall physically powerful enough to hold the unit’s mass.
• The inside unit of split AC require at least 15 cm of open room nearby its top and sides for proper air flow.
• The indoor unit of split AC should be mounting at a height of 7-8 feet above the ground for sufficient cooling inside the room
• While fitting the aluminum bracket on wall make sure that the group is given a slight tilt angle, so that the indoor unit of split AC, when built-in is also at a slight angle to enable clear flow of the strong water from the drain pipe.
• For proper cool the indoor and outdoor units of split AC should be mounting at location away from straight sunlight.
• The outdoor unit of split AC must be located on a flat and rigid face. This unit contains key mechanism of split AC like compressor, condenser, fan motor etc. If the unit is not located on a flat surface then it will vibrate greatly, which can lead to the break of copper pipes, coolant leak and compressor/condenser injure. Further, the vibrate unit makes lots of sound which could upset you and your neighbors.
• Correct coldness between the inside and outdoor unit plays a very key role in cooling. The coolant at very low hotness flows inside the copper tubes between indoor and outdoor unit of split AC. There is always some loss of cooling result to the air when the refrigerant flows between the units. Hence to shrink this loss, the distance between the indoor unit of split AC and the outdoor unit of split AC should be reserved as minimum as likely. The maximum permissible distance between the indoor and the outdoor units of split AC can be about 15 meters.
• The outdoor unit of split AC ought to be installed in open space so that there is no obstruction to the heat dissolute from the condenser.